In all that we do, we adhere to these core principles:
- We love dogs. That means more than just enjoying playing with dogs. It means putting dog safety and happiness first, based on proven dog pack handling skills and a systematic approach to staff training — never using water spray bottles and other unnatural techniques.
- We love dog owners. We pride ourselves in quality member service. We’re here to bring you sanity and peace of mind.
- We love being clean. It’s a fact of life: dogs poop and pee. That’s why we have a “30 second rule” for cleaning up immediately.
- We love being honest. If there’s a problem, we’ll tell you about it. We know we’d want to know and treat you the same way.
- We love our employees. Our team are your dog’s caretakers, and we strive to be a great place to work for great employees.
- We love our regular members. If you use our daycare regularly, we want to thank you with discounts and special benefits.
- We love giving back. We are an active part of the New York animal non-profit community, including supporting neighborhood dog runs, hosting doggie meetups and adoption events, and advocating for animal protection laws with the New York City Bar Association.
What we do not do is as important as what we do:
- We never use unnatural, mechanical techniques such as spray bottles, muzzles, or bark collars in our dog runs — we rely on calm, assertive energy instead.
- We never isolate dogs for more than brief time-outs — dogs are meant to socialize within a well-managed pack.
- We never leash dogs in our runs — dogs are always free to run about once they’ve passed their temperament test.
- We never deprive dogs of water to reduce pee — we always have fresh water in our runs.
- We never tell customers they can’t see our facility — in fact we have a viewing ladder and live cameras.